HOW THE VOLUNTEERING PROCESS WORKS
The order of the steps in the application process can vary from agency to agency, but the following is a general overview of our process at BBBS of Peel. You, the volunteer applicant will:
- Complete the Online BBBSP Mentor Application including the required references OR complete a hardcopy version and return it to our Enrolment Navigator
- Submit a vulnerable sector screen police check with local police services – Instructions and Authorization Letter will be emailed to you once your application has been received
- Participate in an in-person interview at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel
- Successfully complete a mentor Pre-Match Training session specific to program and focusing on child safety
- Only after all of these steps are fully completed can a final decision of acceptance be made
THEN WHAT HAPPENS?
Similar to the application and assessment process, the matching process can vary from mentor to mentor and the program where you will be placed:
- We always take your program preferences into account when placing mentors in program, but you may be recommended to start in another program. We want everyone to have a positive mentoring experience and we pair mentors based on that goal
- We match mentors with sites and children based on many factors like personality, geography, life experiences and background so strong relationships can develop over time
- Prior to you starting program or your match, you will be contacted by the caseworker to discuss particulars of the site or the child/family
- All of our programs require mentors to participate in match monitoring with their program staff which helps to keep everyone safe and happy
Still have questions? Fill out the inquiry form below and someone will get back to you within 2 business days.
Student Placement Application
If you are looking for a student placement please download the application above. Student Placement Applications are collected for consideration, successful candidates will be contacted for further follow-up
MENTOR ONLINE APPLICATION
Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel. Please ensure you have at least 20 minutes available to complete this application.
Before You Start – Please ensure you have read the mentor information package
- This application will ask you for your contact information, availability, employment and education history and other relevant details.
- The final part of our application is the collection of your adult references. We are required to complete reference with a combination of people in your life: Personal/Friend, Vulnerable Sector or Employer, Immediate Family and Significant Other, if applicable. Prior to starting the application, please take a moment to gather email and phone contact information of each references. We do encourage you to contact your references to confirm that they will be willing and able to complete the reference when we contact them.
If you encounter any issues with this form or have questions prior to starting the application please contact our Enrolment Navigator at 905-457-7288 ext. 265 or email@example.com.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel is an inclusive agency and welcomes participation regardless of race, religion, culture, gender or sexual orientation.
- This application is for adults (ages 18+) only.