If you are a resident from Peel Region please continue on this page to apply. If you are a resident of York Region please click here to be redirected to York Regions program information and application.
HOW THE VOLUNTEERING PROCESS WORKS
Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel. The order of the steps in the application process can vary from agency to agency, but the following is a general overview of our process at BBBS of Peel.
- Complete the Online BBBSP Mentor Application including the required references
- OR complete a hard copy version of the Volunteer Application below if you have been previously involved with us or inquired using your current email address. Download the Volunteer Application below.
- Submit a vulnerable sector screen police check with local police services – Instructions and Authorization Letter will be emailed to you once your application has been received
- Participate in an in-person or virtual interview with a Big Brothers Big Sisters caseworker
- Successfully complete a mentor Pre-Match Training session specific to program and focusing on child safety
- Only after all of these steps are fully completed can a final decision of acceptance be made
THEN WHAT HAPPENS?
Similar to the application and assessment process, the matching process can vary from mentor to mentor and the program where you will be placed:
- We always take your program preferences into account when placing mentors in program, but you may be recommended to start in another program. We want everyone to have a positive mentoring experience and we pair mentors based on that goal
- We match mentors with sites and children based on many factors like personality, geography, life experiences and background so strong relationships can develop over time
- Prior to you starting program or your match, you will be contacted by the caseworker to discuss particulars of the site or the child/family
- All of our programs require mentors to participate in match monitoring with their program staff which helps to keep everyone safe and happy
MENTOR ORIENTATION VIDEO
We highly recommend that you take the time to watch our orientation video to ensure you are well informed of our programs and their criteria before proceeding to the application form. Please ensure you have 8 min available to watch the video.
Please ensure you have at least 20 minutes available to complete this application. Your application can be submitted using our online mentor application or you can download an application below.
If you have inquired using your email address or been involved with us previously, please do not submit an on-line application as our system will not create your application. Instead download the Volunteer Application below and submit by fax at 905-454-0769 or by email to email@example.com.
Before You Start – Please ensure you have read the mentor information package
- This application will ask you for your contact information, availability, employment and education history and other relevant details.
- The final part of our application is the collection of your adult references. We are required to complete reference with a combination of people in your life: Personal/Friend, Vulnerable Sector or Employer, Immediate Family and Significant Other, if applicable. Prior to starting the application, please take a moment to gather email and phone contact information of each references. We do encourage you to contact your references to confirm that they will be willing and able to complete the reference when we contact them.
If you encounter any issues with this form or have questions prior to starting the application please contact Enrolment team at 905-457-7288 ext. 265 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Peel is an inclusive agency and welcomes participation regardless of race, religion, culture, gender or sexual orientation.
- This application is for adults (ages 18+) only.
Mentor Online Application
To begin the application process please ensure you have read all the information above, collected your reference information and have the time available to complete the application. Once you are ready please click the YES button below and then click on the SUBMIT button to the right to start the process.